Sunday, September 4, 2011

Orange Food

I've been stewing on a question that came about during a conversation with my lovely wife this past Wednesday.  It goes back to my post about colors and your favorites.  I thought it was funny how the conversation played out, as our favorite colors created a bias towards our particular arguments.

an example of delicious food
You see, I realized that there is not a food that exists that is the color orange that isn't awesome. Is there an orange food that isn't amazingly delicious? That's what I've been stewing on.   My wife insists that green is the best colored food, and there is no bad foods that are green.  I can see where she is coming from personally, but my argument is on a general population taste test, I would say that there are a lot of people who can think of at least one food that is green that they don't like.  I imagine there are people that don't particularly enjoy certain orange foods, but I believe these people are on the fringe, few and far between.  These are the people with weird food dislikes.  I met someone once that didn't like peanut butter or peanut butter cups.  What the hell is wrong with you?  But I'd say it's pretty common for someone to dislike, say, broccoli.  I like broccoli, but I would say that if there is a joke about a food being fed to the dog instead of you eating it because it's gross, it's probably not widely enjoyed by every single person, right?

However, cheese is delicious.  Hell, people put cheese on broccoli to make it taste better.  Everyone likes cheese, except Sean.  I'm saying this exception is only one person to the rule that cheese is awesome.  I mean, there are people that are lactose intolerant, but that's a condition, not a taste preference.  My mother-in-law doesn't eat broccoli because it gives her an upset stomach.  Okay, there's one for "condition" where there is a reason you don't eat it.  I'm talking strictly about taste here.  All orange food is delicious.

Now, in terms of health standards, there are not a whole lot of orange foods that are actually that good for you.  Orange peppers, carrots, and, well oranges are examples of fruits and vegetables that are orange, and because they're fruits and vegetables, they're good for you.  But the vast majority of the orange foods I can think of are bad for you, which makes them taste good. (By the way, don't you think they probably named the orange before they named the carrot?)  But again, I'm talking about taste here, not health.  Green foods tend to be healthier, because a lot of green food is fruits and vegetables.  It's science, dude.  Even other green foods like Ecto Cooler is based off of a fruit's flavor.  I'm not saying that green foods are not good, but there are some that are debatable, whereas there are very few exceptions with orange food.  So orange food wins because I can't think of an orange food I don't like, nay, love, and I don't like peas.  I could list a few more green foods I don't like, and no one else really likes either, but all I need is one.

 Orange defeats Green 1-0 by Knock Out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment