Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do' Chores Not Whores

So a few weeks ago, well, I guess it's over a month ago now, it was decided that there should be some structure to our household chores.  Sometimes, the wife and I tend to get a bit lax on cleaning our apartment.  After getting totally sick of it, we do a massive cleaning day, and it totally sucks.  So we decided to change that way of living, do a little bit of cleaning daily, so that we don't have those overwhelming days.  Seems like a good idea, if you can teach old dogs new tricks.

I did great for like a week and a half, then realized that some chores just don't need to be done weekly, or at least that's what I convinced myself is true.  So some stuff just didn't get done that week, and, well, most of it hasn't been done since.  I slacked off to the extreme.  I feel right back into my old habits of not doing shit.  I say "I can do this today, I can do this tomorrow," but it's just so easy to not do anything.

Today I managed to vacuum the apartment, so that's done.  I feel good that I got it done.  But there is much more to be done.  I also managed to grocery shop and bake cookies today.  I've been a good little househusband today.  And not to mention the cookies are amazingly delicious.  I am trying to be better though, and tomorrow I will try really, really hard to do some kind of chore.  Any chore.

Okay I'll keep this short because it's boring.  C'ya tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment