Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pineapple on Pizza


So I'll say I'm in the resounding NO category as far as do you like pineapple on your pizza question.  I used to totally hate pineapple in general, but really, it's grown on me.  There are some flavors that just don't mix, whether it be because you are just not used to tasting that flavor in that environment.  Like for example, I don't like mint and chocolate together.  Mint is meant for gum, candies and things like that, not ice cream.  Ice cream should either be sort of fruity or mainly chocolate/caramel/peanut butter/vanilla type flavors.  The same thing goes for pizza.  It should be cheese, meat (if you eat meat), peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives and such and such.  As long as it's savory, it should go on there.  I can see experimenting with weird stuff like apples and even pineapples, but to say that it rocks and belongs in a list of acceptable pizza toppings, it makes me wonder what kind of country we live in?  I know America is the land of the free, but that doesn't mean you go off ruining everyone's pizza by putting pineapple on it.  If I was an evil villain, I'd put pineapple on everyone's pizza just to ruin their day.  Terrorists like pineapple on their pizza, I bet.

All this talk about pizza has made me exceptionally hungry, but it immediately kills my appetite when I think of pizza with pineapple on it.  If that was my only option for food throughout life, I'd be a very skinny man, because I wouldn't eat it.  I love pizza, my gamer tag on Call of Duty is ILikePizzaALot44, that's how much I love pizza.

Talking about pizza, isn't it weird that America's favorite pizza topping is "just cheese?"  I mean, if you have to call it what is by saying it's "just" something, it must not be that special.  Now I could tear into some 4 cheese, 5 cheese pizza right here, right now, but to order a cheese pizza?  Feels like a waste of time to me.  My toppings I like are mushroom onion green pepper.  4 years ago, I wouldn't have touched that pizza.  As I've grown older my tastes have matured and I like mushrooms, and green peppers only on pizza.  Green peppers on their own are rather gross, but on a pizza they are pretty good.  It mixes well.  Does all this taste maturing mean that someday I would come around on pineapple on pizza?  I couldn't say no for sure, but I'm pretty sure that's one thing that won't be changing anytime soon.  Pineapple on pizza can go straight to Hell.  Do not pass GO, pineapple.  Do not collect $200.  Pineapple sucks on pizza.  

5 comments:

  1. Everyone knows the best pizzas are thick crust, with pepperoni, sausage, onions, green and black olives, green peppers, and mushrooms.


    From Rodney's in Gwinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an acceptable answer. Rodney's was pretty good pizza. I understand why people love it and why it's they're all time favorite. I had it once, I enjoyed it. I wore my brand new Heely's shoes there and fell. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have at least a modicum of respect for Rodney's unlike most other people who aren't from the GNSKISPAML (Gwinn-New Swanzy-KI Sawyer-Princeton-Austin-Midway Location) area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo-urns to you pineapple on pizza!

    ReplyDelete