Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Both a Galaxy And a Huge Disappointment

I just sat outside with my laptop for a good five minutes. It was sorta in the sun a little bit, and now it's almost too hot to type on. I'm not sure this is a good thing for a computer.

Candy bars are delicious. I had mentioned before how I like Snickers and this is still very true. What I don't get is people that think Milky Way bars are any good. I ate a Milky Way not too long ago and it was gross. Not gross in the way that it would be if you ate a turd or something, but gross in the way that other candy bars are so much better than Milky Way. I have a hard time understanding why one would choose a Milky Way when other options exist. My experience with the Milky Way was one of utter disappointment. You think before you take a bite that it will taste like a Snickers without the peanuts, but it really doesn't. The lack of peanuts is obvious, but it's also the texture. They're so soft and pointless. It's just a mash-up of chocolate and caramel and nougat in your mouth. It's soft, and not easily chewed. I like to chew food, people. Not gum it.

Now I know some people are allergic to peanuts and will never be able to enjoy a delicious Snickers, and the only way they can get something close to it's awesomeness is to eat a Milky Way, and that's fine. But if you have a choice, why would you not go for the best, every time?

I guess it's all a matter of taste preference, but I just don't understand, and probably will never understand why anyone would choose a Milky Way. It's just not very good.

I'm pretty much a fan of all other candy bars, with the exception of 100 Grand. Those are gross too. I haven't eaten one in years, but I made a very strong mental note to never eat one again when I last did. I don't even remember why, I just remember having a very strong opinion on the bar.

Do you like Candy Bars? What is your favorite? Least favorite?

If you like Milky Way, please explain why. I will probably forever disagree with what you have to say about it, but I just want to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment