Friday, August 6, 2010

Soundtrack of my Summer

I wanted to write a quick one this morning because I won't be able to tomorrow. I'm going to Memphis, TN tonight to play a show with my band. It's pretty neat. I'll leave it at that.

I was wondering a few months ago which album, song or songs would become my anthem of the summer. There's always a song or album that when I hear it later, I am immediately brought back to the days of summers past. I wasn't sure which recently purchased album would do the trick this year. I never know what it was until much later, when I hear it again and the memories pour back to me.

It has come from an unexpected place this year. Everyday at work, I listen to a local radio station called Lightning100. I realized they play songs on this station I've never heard before by artists I rarely listen to/have never heard before. I would never listen to these songs or artists on my own, but I needed something that was very work-friendly, so I chose this station. It plays a mix of old and new, and it's on the light rock side, I guess. A lot of Dave Mathews and Counting Crows. That sort of station. Well anyway, they keep playing these handful of songs all the time, and it hit me the other day. These songs, the songs I didn't choose to listen to, are the soundtrack of my summer. Even though its just the crap I listen to at work, these songs will forever be linked to me and the summer of 2010. So I began writing down the song titles and artists names so I can go out and get these songs so I will be able to go acquire them later, in order to look back. Yes, I am planning my future memories of right now. That's how awesome life is right now. I never want to forget these days, and if it's a song that brings it back, then I better be prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment