Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Realigning My Focus

Man, so I went back and have been reading older posts from like, April, and going through and adding labels for all the old posts that I didn't do at the time. Well as I scan them over to figure out what to tag it as, I realized that my blog has made a serious turn in the past few weeks. I used to write so good. What happened?

What probably happened is I started thinking the blog was more important to the world than it really is. This is a place to put my thoughts, not necessarily my opinions all the time. Sure, the well placed scathing opinion piece is alright every so often, but I feel like I lost my focus on what's important here. What's important is to paint a picture of how I think and view the world for real. Yes, I admit I listen to and think about music a lot, therefore I like to write about it a lot. But I need to remember why I started ramping up the blog posts in the first place. It was supposed to entertain, not scold or inform. I mean, it can inform sometimes, just not all the time.

So here is my pledge to write more posts like this or this. Less like this and this.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment