Sunday, March 28, 2010

Growing Old is Getting Old pt. 2

The sun is shining, the air is warming up, the birds are chirping and the trees are budding. This can only mean one thing, my friends. Yes, I am drawing ever-closer to getting numerically older. Wednesday, March 31st, 2010, I will be older, according to my birth certificate and my drivers license. 27 years old, to be exact. I would be 28 in China, because they start your age at 1 when you're born. But no, here in the good ol' USA, I am turning 27. This upcoming birthday is a odd one, to say the least, mainly because I don't really care about it this year. Meh, another year older. I always heard people say that and be mystified as to why you would fee that way. I have always been the type to care about my own birthday. I like the fact that it's a holiday just for me! But with the lack of my old friends and family back home, it just feels like Wednesday to me this year. 27 is such an unremarkable age, as well. I don't know, it's just weird this year. On the cool side of things, my friend Dave from my new band shares the same birthday, so that's cool. Only he's a year younger than me, but it's cool because I never really found anyone that had the same birthday as me. Pretty neat.

I imagine this Wednesday will consist of me waking up, eating breakfast, walking the dog, surfing the web and playing Call of Duty and NHL10. Then taking a shower and going to work, then going home and going to bed. In case you didn't know, that's exactly what I do everyday. So I guess I'm really at an age now where it really doesn't matter anymore. You don't get a birthday party with all your friends at Pizza Hut or a pool party at the Ramada anymore. You just get to drink coffee and go to work. I wish I could still do cool things on my birthday, but it just doesn't happen like that anymore.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment