Saturday, March 20, 2010

Growing Old is Getting Old

I don't feel like I'm late 20's. I also don't feel like I look like I'm late 20's. When I was 18, I remember knowing folks that were 27ish, and thinking how old they were and how their youth days were so long ago, they don't even understand what fun is anymore. Also, 27 year olds were old looking.

One thing I like to do is ask someone that has no idea what my age is guess what it actually is. That is a pretty good indicator of how old you look, in my opinion. Though some people are bad at that sort of thing, they can usually get an idea of what they think you're age is. Maybe it's because I'm me, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see a late 20's guy. I don't necessarily know what I see, but remembering what I was thinking as a younger man, I don't see someone that's 10 years older than a 17 year old. I guess when you look at yourself all the time, you don't see the little differences that you would see if you never saw yourself. I imagine if I saw one of my classmates from high school, I would think they look much older than I remember then looking in high school. I'm not saying I look like a high schooler...but you know what I mean. I also would have the knowledge that I went to school with them, therefore, I know their age, roughly.

THE POINT: I feel like I'm aging well. This is always a good thing. No one wants to look 40 when they're 30. I hope this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment