Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When did you start liking hockey so much?

this morning, my wife asked me a very interesting question.

"Why do you all of a sudden like hockey so much? Is it because of the fact that we live in a hockey town now?"

I couldn't immediately answer her. This is very true, that it does seem that I have all of a sudden become a major hockey fan. It's all I think about these days. I don't know, but the Olympics surely helped. But moving to a town that has an NHL team helps more. I can latch on to a team finally, and not just hate the Red Wings. I could care less about hating Detroit Hockey. I only care about the Nashville Predators. I don't know, do I have to explain it? I have always liked it, but now I love it more than ever. Thank you, Predators.

Playing a lot of NHL 10 is a good reason as well. I returned a duplicate copy of NBA Live 10 last Monday and used it towards the purchase of Hockey at my friendly local Game stop. They gave me $26 in credit towards a trade-in, because of a promotion they were running at the time, and NHL still cost me $40. I'm pretty sure that's way over-priced. I probably got it off ebay for nearly the same price and sold NBA for about equal value. But you know what? I wouldn't have done it. The best option for making money on something like a video game (selling it) is always the least convenient. That's why establishments like Game Stop exist. Lazy people like me that could get more money elsewhere, but choose convince.

Well played, Game Stop.

On a blogging front, I haven't grown tired of blogging, I just don't have the time of day to write anymore. I just get wrapped up in other things (NHL 10). So I apologize for not writing, and I will make a better effort to change my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment