Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's In A Name?

It's always a dangerous idea to talk about people specifically, as I wrote about before, talking about if you write something on the internet, chances are someone will read it. But I will brave the waters this time, but in a vague enough way that if you read this and are self-conscious, you may think I'm talking about you. In fact, you are probably wrong.

Today, I want to write down the clever nicknames I have given people around my latest place of work. In my current position, I have the privilege/curse of meeting and interacting with hundreds of people everyday. It's a curse, because I don't like people, generally. I mean, I hate people but I love gatherings. But seriously, I don't like interacting with people. On to the nicknames! Some of the names don't mean what you would think they mean, btw. There is:

Slowey, due to the slow pace of walking
The second runner-up in the LM look alike contest (which isn't a good thing)
The Nicest Person Ever
The Winner of the K.P. Look Alike Contest.
Hotness
the Pron Star
The Other Pron Star
The Drama Queen, due to her always talking loudly about some dramatic thing on her bluetooth
Ms. Personality
Ms. Thaang
The Soft-Spoken
The Conservative
The Crazy Lady
The Crazy-looking Lady
Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading
The Braves Fan (not me)
White Trash-ish
there's a group I call "The Louds" because they're...loud.
The Nice Guy
Poker Star
Full Disclosure
The Dirty Dirty
The Playa
The Good Singer
the Metal Kid
The Smart Ass (because when I told him I was donating rice to the hungry, he told me it was not worth it)
The Voice
10 Months Pregnant (she's not pregnant, but has looked 10 months pregnant since I started here)
The Worst Friend Ever
The Enabled
The Griever

The Last three are my best ones, if you knew who I was talking about. Most of these are, in fact, mean spirited, but I would never tell anyone specifically what the nickname is for a particular person. Again, let me stress, SOME OF THESE DO NOT MEAN WHAT YOU THINK THEY MEAN. Something struck me when interacting with them that made me come up with the clever nickname. The Poker Star might not ever even play poker. How should I know? Some have their clear reasons, but you would have to be here to know what I'm talking about.
So that's the list. There are probably more, and I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Enjoy imagining what these people are like, based on the name I have given.



No comments:

Post a Comment