Friday, February 26, 2010

Blowin' Up, Web Style

A few days ago, I mentioned the desire to become "web famous." Let me clarify a few things about that. I don't honestly believe I would become web famous. By web famous meaning I would somehow magically be discovered as some amazing source of information and entertainment by someone. I do have an ego, but not so big that I think everyone really hangs on my every word. No, if I were to get famous, it definitely would not be for my web presence. I would be famous for my drumming, as that is the only thing I am truly talented at.


If someone stumbles upon Gotta keep em bloggerated, digs it, and then goes and tells all their friends about how hot I am, that's pretty cool. But these writing are way to personal for anyone outside of my few readers to actually enjoy. So do I honestly believe I would ever become web famous? No, nor would I truly want to be. But it's fun to pretend sometimes.

It always fascinates me when someone gets famous simply for befriending a lot of people Myspace. The one in particular I can think of is Tila Tequila. She has no reason to be famous, except for the fact, from what I understand, is that she had a lot of friends on Myspace. MTV, the marketing geniuses that they are, gave her her own TV show. You know, one of those retarded "dating" shows where someone is looking for love in all the wrong places (TV) and has a pile of douche bags clamoring for her attention, all the while, really only looking for attention for themselves? Yeah, one of those. Well, that only added gasoline to the inferno of retardation that is the entire empire of Tila Tequila. She really, honestly has no reason to be famous, because she does nothing remotely well. She has big eyes and bigger boobies, and I know dudes dig that. That's why she's famous. Some say that Paris Hilton has no talent and doesn't deserve the attention she gets either, but at least she has rich parents, and is a heiress to the hotel chain. That's something to identify her with. Tila Tequila has (had) no business wasting our time. But it is amazing that she even had the spotlight in the first place, don't you think?

Now that I think about it, she wasted my time this morning too...

Mission accomplished, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment