Monday, February 8, 2010

Half-Paying Attention to What I'm Writing.

It's been a crazy, wild, unusual weekend here in my world. So much crazy, memorable stuff has happened in the past 3 or 4 days, and there was absolutely no time to blog about it all. I played my first show with my new band, I watched the Super Bowl. I watched the Super Bowl commercials. I worked one day without the computer on at work, so I couldn't blog about stuff that I would have done. So without a stockpile of blogs, I hope to update regularly anyway this week. It just may require more work that I'm prepared for.

Let's start with the band show on Friday night. It went as well as a first show should probably go, especially taking into account that we have really only played together for bout an hour and a half before we played in front of 26 people. I couldn't hear the guitars or vocals so I was pretty much guessing on most of the songs as to where we were. I think it went alright, overall. But there will be much better shows in our future.

After the show, we went to a bar in Murfreesboro with Dave and his girlfriend. Bad idea for the next morning. I ended up with 3 hours of sleep when I went to work at 6 a.m. Compounding that was the fact that the computer was turned off, as I mentioned before. So I read Alternative Press and listened to music on the iPod for 8 hours. Went by quick, actually and that was a good thing.

We went out to diner Saturday night at P.F. Changs. They told us when we got there that there was approximately a one hour wait. An hour and a half later, sitting in the freezing cold waiting area, we finally got seated. I ate my entire plate of Ma Po Tofu, which is way too much food, and went home and passed out because I had to work in the morning again.

Set the alarm for 5 p.m. and not 5 a.m.... woke up at 7:25. Called my Supervisor. He told me not to come in and that he had someone else on the way. So I went to back to bed and felt like a jackass who cant get up to go to work.

Watched the Super Bowl. Saints won, to the dismay of my lovely wife. To me, I'm happy for the people of New Orleans. They deserve a championship. Their team has sucked for the majority of their existence, so I'm glad to see they're champions.

Favorite commercials of the night included the Doritos commercial with the kid telling the guy to keep his hands of his mama and his Doritos. Also, the Bud Light commercial with the Auto tune. That was funny.

Bethany is in severe back/hip pain yesterday and today. It's hard to see her hurting like that. It would suck to be her right now.

Today, I'm going to the boro for a band meeting, to discuss the future of our band. Our branding, our look, our sound, our dance moves. Also, future shows, which can't be worse than the first one. I was worried about the meeting, the way the wording was then it was proposed to me. I thought I was gonna be in the middle of a drama show, people getting pissed and stuff. But, from what I have come to learn this will be a good one. The future is bright. A kid from Negaunee has a future!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, for everyone else from Negaunee, it's called the Empire.

    ReplyDelete