Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today, I talk about flooring, for some reason

I've never liked hardwood floors. I've always preferred carpet floors better. This is probably because I always had carpet floors in all houses I ever lived in. Hardwood floors are just not as comfortable as carpet. I feel uncomfortable on hardwood floors. There is no better feeling than taking off your shoes and socks and stepping on a carpeted floor. Taking off shoes and socks and stepping on a hardwood floor? It's cold and foreign. And hard...


I like the look of hardwood flooring. I think it looks way better than an ugly beige carpet. It gives a home character. It looks like a home. But I like the feel of carpet more. It's just relaxing to me. The biggest downside of carpeting is that they aren't very friendly for allergy sufferers. So that sucks. When carpet gets run-down, like, after 5 years, you should replace it, and that sucks. Hardwood flooring lasts longer, but hurts to fall on...so take that in consideration.


So when I build my house/own my house, I will have some hardwood flooring and some carpeting, because I like carpeting and I want to escape to the comfy zone every once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you don't have to replace carpet every five years. It lasts more like 15-20, but with proper care your hardwood floors will last way longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what my research uncovered. I think I meant to put 15 years. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete