Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cell phones are pretty (cool)

Cell phones are pretty cool. I remember not that long ago when having a cell phone was not really for entertainment, but for making phone calls. When someone had a cell phone ten years ago, it was viewed as cool mainly because you could get a hold of them whenever they wanted. (They. Not you because they didn't have to answer, which is still true.) Today, people use cell phones (or mobile phones, if you're British or hip) both for calling friends and relatives and for a distraction during down-time. I can personally say that I have used my phone as a distraction during an awkward situation. Don't know what to say? Pretend to text. Works pretty good.

Now that everyone and their mother (and grandmother) have their own mobile phone, you can call anyone, anytime. That's cool, man. I haven't had a land line in six years because of cell phones/mobile phones. Land lines are going the way of the dodo or buffalo or the Oldsmobile... Who needs it?

Businesses need them. This also removes the need for phone books for residences. I wonder why they don't have a phone book listings for cell phones? I wonder how long it will be until someone decides we need to have one?

Cell phones have evolved into mobile computers, and that's really cool to. You want to look something up WHENEVER you feel like it? Just whip out your phone. BAM! Well not me folks. I still have the old style phone. The one where you can text and call people and stuff. Sure I can access the internet with it, for a fee. I could sign up for a data plan, but that's money spent on getting inferior results. My phone doesn't even support the all important 3G network.

Phones are also used as a status symbol now a days. If you have an iPhone, I'm jealous. It makes you look more successful than me. which is most likely true. I just wish I could fuck around on my phone more. Like I need another distraction...

So is brain freeze 2010 over? Only tomorrow will tell...

P.S. wow that got jumpy. See what happens when you write too fast? This is what happens, Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment