Thursday, February 4, 2010

Music City. Live the Dream.

So you may notice that Gotta Keep em' Bloggerated has gotten some aesthetic changes since we last visited each other. This is because I couldn't stand looking at that preset template any longer. I had to personalize this thing, in some way. So I changed the layout, the color scheme, and added some gadgets to the side last night. I like it for now, but this may change again in the future. I get bored, and even this layout seems a bit blah, and I know I can do better.

My mom decided to drop in to Nashville for the weekend. She made this decision on Tuesday, and today is Thursday, so needless to say, I had to do some cleaning. Not major cleaning, because thankfully, we had just cleaned last week. So I cleaned the bathroom and Bethany did the kitchen. Looks great! The point to this is that there is no point. Cleaning sucks, but it's worth it when you're cleaning for your mom's arrival.

The reason my mom is in town is because she wants so see her son's dreams come true. Tomorrow night, I will play drums in a rock band of (essentially) strangers in a little town of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We formed a band out of necessity. These guys from the boro needed a drummer, I needed the rest of a band. Boom. The only problem we're currently having is that we don't have a name. The guy who seems to be running this band from the get-go is named Sean. He has this solo project thing that he does with friends and he calls it Sweatervest. Everyone hates the name Sweatervest, so we decided to change it. As of the time of me typing this, there are a few finalists, but not winner yet. I will let you know what is decided when it is decided.

But yeah, I'm in a band with like-minded folks, and our mission is to reach as high as we can in the music industry, and we feel we can reach pretty high. The mission from day one is fame and fortune. Why not reach for the stars? So hopefully, this little boy, from little old Negaunee, MI can sometime be considered the thing one might brag about when a visitor comes to town. "Hey you know the band (insert name here)? You know, the drummer is from Negaunee. Isn't that crazy?"

I wasn't sure moving to Nashville, Tennessee was the greatest idea, but now I see the brilliance of the whole thing. Music City, baby. I'm the happiest boy in the world.

2 comments: