Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The (different) City! (Time to search for my favas kiwwa!)

Alright, so as I have described in great detail in the past, I moved to Nashville a year ago, and hangin' out in this city has felt like I was on a year long vacation. I lived in that small town, and I remember when we would go on a trip, weather it was with Upward Bound, or with the high school band, we would go to a metropolitan area, and it was a cool feeling to be in that environment. The city! What excitement! All the hustle and bustle of the big city, cars everywhere, people in a hurry, checking their watches with their coat over their arm, carrying a briefcase, waving down a taxi. You know the image.

Well, this past weekend, I traveled to another big city, Atlanta, GA. That feeling of being in a special place was lost. It was just another area with a lot of people and tall buildings. Taller, prettier buildings, might I add. It was not nearly as intimidating to traverse the area, because that's the type of driving I do most of the time now. Big city driving, getting over three lanes on the interstate so you don't miss you're exit, not turning down one-way streets, things like that. That feeling of awe at the hustle and bustle, that was all gone. It was a weird feeling, not caring about the big city atmosphere.

So yeah, now all I have left to do is stand in awe of something bigger. That's why I stand naked in front of mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment