Monday, May 3, 2010

I Wanna Look Like That Guy

As of this moment, I'm pretty positive I will not be moving to Tumblr. I have no interest in it, now that a certain 15 year old is not around to convince me that I should do such a thing. Also, I would like to continue spelling that word with the extra E they decided to leave out. No, I'm having a hard enough time being a good Blogger to move to another site. Not that moving to another site would make things harder or easier to update, but you know what I mean. Oh, you don't know what I mean? Me either.

So I'm trying to be a good blogger now. I'm doing my best.

So the summer is creeping ever closer, and with the summer comes swimming weather. It also brings with it severe thunderstorms, and hot steering wheels. Also, sweltering band practices. Which one do you want to hear about?

Imma go with swimming weather.

I decided to go for a run in the fitness center last week because of this reason, mainly. Also, my other band mates are all running and working out to look good, and become superstars. So I decided to do my part and go for a run on the treadmill as well. I have always had a little bit of extra bits on me, some would call it "more to love." I call it unsightly, but that's my opinion, man. I don't care what others look like, and society has told me that I should look like "exhibit A" in this ad, or whatever. Cool, I'll buy it. I should look like these people, because image is important to me. I do want to look good, but I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm pretty lazy. The only way to look like those people is to go work out. Keyword for me in that phrase is work. Man, running is hard. My legs were pretty sore on Wednesday, the day after the workout. By the way, this is what I was doing instead of blogging. I was running. Which is healthy, and blogging equals sitting on the ol' ass. I should figure out a way to run, and blog! I wonder if there's a audio transcriber or something that I can talk into while running, that will write what I say, and post it!

Doubtful.

Sometimes, through all my attempted deepness, and my wanna be Art-ness, I am pretty superficial. I know this. I also have a bit of an ego. I feel like it takes someone with an ego to have a twitter like mine. You must have a feeling of deep self-importance to be able to put the stuff you're doing and thinking about out there for whoever feels like reading it, and assume people care. I like confidence, I respect it. The point being that maybe I use web-confidence as a mask for my unhappiness of my weight, which really isn't that bad of a problem. I'm 6 feet tall, and weigh 223 on the home scale in the morning, and 233 on the scale in the gym here at work, later in the day, with all my clothes on, so it's somewhere in there. It's enough of a problem for me to feel that I need to do something about it. There are people that look much chubbier than I and don't really way that much more than me, so I don't get it. Maybe it's my massive muscles?

So I want to get into swimming shape, so I look good at the pool. I also want to look good on stage and in photo shoots, and paparazzi pics. (I'm amazed right now that I spelled Paparazzi correctly on the first try.) I want to look like that guy. But it's a lot of work, and I don't know if I'm up for it. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment