Friday, September 24, 2010

The Announcement

Ive met a lot of people in my life. I have a certain expectation, I suppose, when it comes to people in the world. While I have met some truly wonderful people in my time here on earth, none have really been perfect in every way. My lovely wife has been pretty close. I do love her a lot. But no one is quite right.

Well, you know what they say, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself, right? So I'm just going to go ahead and make my own.

Thats right, I'm making a person. Well, technically, my wife is making a person. She is growing one in her belly right now. Pretty weird/cool. I saw it yesterday. I saw a heart beating inside a chest of a little person inside of my wife. While I knew she was pregnant, four diferent little sticks on which you pee have said that it is so. Yesterday was the true first time it really, really sank in. A little new version of me, who has all kinds of potential to do great things. Coupled with my wife's ambition to be successful, and my awesomeness, this kid will be a prodigy. Okay, maybe I'm stretching it a little bit here, but I believe there are great things about to happen, to a lot of people in my family and in life in general.

I'm happy to give a grandbaby to my parents. My mom is ecstatic. My dad says he's "tickled pink" at the thought. We got so much love on Facebook yesterday when we announced it, I was a bit overwhelmed. A very high percentage of my friends on there turned out to wish congratulations and best-wishes. Pretty neat to see the people you know/knew give so much love.

So all in all, yesterday was a pretty neat-o day. I'm going to have a baby. I imaging I'll keep that subject in mind when posting for the next...well probably for the rest of my life. Things are a changin' but I'm not too worried about it. Change is good. I'm still the drummer for I'm Not A Bazooka, and I will be until they kick me out. That will hopefully never happen.

Okay, my dog is really asking to go out and poo now. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, congratulations my man. All of us here at Big Dave and Company, even all the Unpaid Interns, are very happy for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete