Friday, September 3, 2010

Project 365

I'm a big fan of remembering when certain things happen in my life. I love to chronicle things, or archive things, or whatever, so I can look back and easily reminisce. I'm a very reminiscent person. I used to write blogs on LiveJournal, just so I could look back and know what I did on any particular, random day in the past. I used is just to write down what I did that day, so I could look back sometime and say, "hey, what day did I eat a veggie burger? Oh, March 13th, 2005." Why do I need to know this? This is not a rhetorical question. Why do I feel the need?

I may not know the answer, except to know that I love reminisce. Well, along comes the iPhone into my life, and with it, an app called Project 365. The idea of it is to take a picture everyday that will help you remember a certain something about that day. PERFECT! All I have to do is snap a photo, and I will instantly be able to look at that later and know when, what and where things happened. Now I can look back and know that on June 7th, my wife and I ate falafel sandwiches from Kebab Gyro's for dinner. A good day, that was.

Without the app, and without the photo, June 7th, 2010 would have been completely forgotten, forever. I figured out pretty quickly back in 2005 that writing everyday, about everyday, is hard. Anyone that follows my blog will know that I have a hard time writing everyday. Taking a quick pic and saving it to the app is so much simpler, and I feel that my life is better off with it. I love the app, and I'm really glad I have it. Because everyday is not to be wasted, and to forget any day, that is wasted in my opinion. I will have a much better time remembering 2010 with this app than other memories that have faded. As I noted before, I don't remember 2007. Not that I did drugs, cuz I didn't, I just don't remember what happened. I don't remember what I did on a regular day. I don't want that to happen anymore. And it won't, with Project 365.

1 comment: