Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Week Off

I really didn't mean to make the blog be a weekly thing, but that just happened didn't it? Well, I'm happy to say that I'm back and refreshed. Let's go over what lead to my most recent blogging absence.

You know what suck? Teeth. That's right, teeth. Not all teeth, as teeth are pretty nice when you want to chew food. But sometimes, you have to clean them. I didn't understand the importance of this until it was much too late, and I am currently paying for it, both figuratively and literally. You see, when I was a young lad, not to long ago, I liked to drink Faygo. Faygo is a brand of cheap soda pop you drink when you have no money. Well, I liked to drink it anyway, mainly because I was a huge fan of the Insane Clown Posse, and they rapped about it a lot. It was cool to drink a lot of Faygo all the time. What I didn't realize was that I was destroying my teeth slowly but surely. I drank so much sugary soda pop for years, and didn't really stick to a strict regemint of tooth brushing, and therefore, developed cavities. Lots of cavities. Even after I switched to Coke, because it tastes way better, I never really took oral hygene seriously, like many young people in the world.

My dad and my brother both had gone through a lot of dental work in their lives and I had my share as well. I guess bad teeth just runs in the family. Total bummer. So as my teeth continued to decay, they started breaking off, as gross as that sounds. As they broke off, they eventually started getting infected and other gross stuff, and then started to hurt. So I suffered with tooth aches off and on for a while, and eventually decided to get them fixed so I wouldn't suffer anymore.

So that's where I've been. I got five teeth pulled on Friday, September 10th, and it was a trip, let me tell you. My good friend Sean helped me out when I couldn't do anything for myself, and I am forever thankful for that. He drove me places, helped me get the medicine in my mouth, helped me choose the proper pudding flavors to eat. I showed him my thanks with vodka and instant Netflix, which I think he really enjoyed because he stayed at my apartment for four days. So I sat on the couch, stayed low and lazy and didn't blog for a while. All in all the experience has been rather positive, even though I can't really eat much as far as solid food still. That's okay though, I mean, I do it, even though it hurts. They also gave me a prescription of Oxycodone, which I had never experienced before this. If you don't know about this drug, it makes you high and awesome. It makes you happy and tired and dreamy. It makes your arms and legs feel funny. It makes me want to take that all the time. That's not a good thing. Isn't that what Brett Favre got hooked on in the 90's? Well folks, I can see why.

Anyway, I had this fear of the procedure going into it, and after it's all done now, I can say with certainty that there was not really much to be afraid of. I came out of it knowing I won't have to worry about those broken, painful teeth anymore, and I get to get legally high daily. I also got closer to my friend Sean during this time, and that means a lot to me. Friends are neat. I didn't miss any work, which kinda sucks but I need the money, so whatever. I just trip balls at work and get paid for it instead of being just bored and get paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment