Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Patiently Waiting

A few months ago, I received a very exciting piece of electronic mail to my Yahoo! account. Finally, after months of ripping off a certain blogger and friend of mine, he had succumbed to my assaults, and sent me an invitation, which read like this:

Brad,
Would you be interested in being a guest blogger at Big Dave and Company? I am thinking sometime in July after the Fourth. Pretty much anything goes with the exceptions of politics and religion, and anything else obscene. The only real rule is that we don't use last names and we try not to let on where everyone lives, although you make it clear that you live in Nashville so that is okay I guess. Let me know if you are interested and we will get you set up.
Thanks
- Big Dave

Obviously, I was thrilled to get the chance to display my talents on a bigger stage than this little old blog. As you can see, he mentioned after the Fourth, and he also mentioned the month of July, but he never really said that it would be the 4th of July. More specifically, he never said it would be in 2010, either. This all must be true because I responded and told him I was interested, but he never set me up to do it. Now, I have been silent about it this whole time, and I understand if I went out and said something on this blog that would have made him change his mind, and by blogging about it now, I am kind of sort of cheapening the experience, but it's been on my mind since June, so you can understand my confusion, right?

I had a great idea for a blog post right around the time the email was received, and the material is still relevant. So if I were to get the chance to write as a member of the illustrious company, I would be able to write an entertaining blog post, whenever that happens. If it never happens, I would totally understand, as that is his blog and this is my blog, therefore, I don't need a venue to write. I have one already. If I wanted to write stuff, I can do it right here, like I do all the time anyway. I'm not calling Big Dave out, I'm just stating something I been thinking about for the past three months.

If it never happens, I understand. If it does, look for it. It should be entertaining, I hope.

Additionally, I wrote an essay for the Big Dave and Company essay contest and won it, so I guess he likes my writing. Or I should say, the panel of judges liked my writing. After it was announced, my excitement was slightly crushed by Mike-a-licous when proceeded to bash the name of my blog. WHERE DOES HE GET OFF BASHING MY BLOG'S NAME? He doesn't even write his anymore. He hasn't for a year. See? Well anyway, I guess I could explain the name. Ever listen to the Offspring? Well, I did for years and years, and my favorite song by them is Come Out and Play (Gotta Keep em' Separated) and when I needed a name for the new blog, that just popped in there. I didn't put much thought into it, and now it's stuck.

If you have a better idea for the name of my blog, as it is obviously "lame" or "gay" or whatever derogatory name he chose to call it last week, then I would like to hear your suggestions. I'm open to criticism if it leads to improvement. This means you, Mike-a-licious. You think you can do better? You can't even write your own blog, yet you have the balls to call me out on the name of my blog? You come up with something better, ya sack shaver.

What this whole rambling blog post amounts to is the fact that I like to participate in the Big Dave and Company experience, weather it be his almost-award-winning blog or the podcast, which rules, by the way. You can listen to the podcasts on iTunes or by streaming it from this website. Totally worth your time, I promise. And maybe someday, I too can entertain the masses for real by contributing. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment