Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Wednesday Twofer. Double Post of Doom.

So if you follow me on Twitter, which I'll assume you do, you may have noted that I talking about how yesterday felt like a weird day. It's hard to pinpoint how yesterday was a weird day, because the actual events that took place weren't that weird, it just had a weird feel to it. Like, the sun wasn't out yesterday, and it has been out for weeks, or so it feels. But the main thing I noticed about yesterday is it became very clear to me that a certain era of my life had ended. See, when I work on the weekdays, which I don on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, for the past year I have worked with the same, regular coworker lady. I refer to her as nice, regular everyday coworker lady, but let's call her "Mary" because that's easier to type. Well, yesterday was the first day that she was off at her new job, and I was still at this regular old job we used to share. I realized how much of a partner she was of mine. We had our regular things that we did, and we didn't even have to mention them. We would just go about our day, her doing the things she did and me doing the things I did, which were less than the things she did. It was routine. People, like autistic kids, need routine. Anyway, like I said, yesterday she started her new job elsewhere, and I just had this feeling of being left behind. Like, I was flying solo for the first time. It was weird, because I liked working with Mary, even if she talked a lot. She is what you would call, a "talker." Sometimes it would irritate me, other times it got me through the day. I would also try to get her through things that were going on in her life at the time by dishing some wisdom to her, which I think she appricated. Well, that era has ended now, and it just felt weird.

Also, I saw about 6 or 7 different people with the same pen as me. Totally weird. I like to check what pen people are using and hope they somehow didn't grab my pen, because I like to put my pen in my mouth a lot as a habit. If someone used my pen, I would be grossed out a little. Things just felt off yesterday, and I guess I have to get used to it. Mary is off doing her new thing and getting paid a lot more for it, and I have to live with the reality of what it is, I'm still here. I just have to make do with the new arrangements, and go forward.

***Subject Change***

This is where you get the two-for-one deal today.

I have had a very limited, albeit positive experiences with Craigslist. I met Dave, whom I am in a band with now, through Craigslist. The only experience I have had with it is right there. I was super nervous meeting someone and making friends through Craigslist, but it worked out great! Now I am having those same feelings of being afraid of the internet. I am in the market for new drums, and I have found some on the cheap on Craigslist. I am so afraid of being ripped off, because I know when I go meet the guy who's selling the drums, I won't be able to just say "no, these are not as advertised" and walk away. And if I do do that, will he get pissed and put an axe to the back of my skull? Crazy is crazy, people. I don't trust the internet, or Craigslist for that matter. $200 is a lot of money, but not for drums. I'm going to do this, but that doesn't mean I'm having anxiety about it. I need new drums, and these are a pretty good deal, I think...

That's the other thing. I don't know what these are worth. I really don't. I've read nothing but good reviews on these particular drums, and I know that any other drums than the ones I'm currently playing will be a serious upgrade. I just don't want to be wasteful. Hopefully, I will be pleased by my decision. Hopefully I don't get killed.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment