Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Letter Association, Revisited.

Man, I got a confession to make. I have been way ahead of myself on these blog posts. Every blog post that has been on a weekday since I started getting my act together and blogging on consecutive days, has been written the day before, and posted the following morning. I didn't write on Friday, but I posted on Friday. That's why I love the blogger, man. Write when I can, post as needed.

Well, I'm writing today to tell you that even this blog you are reading, was written yesterday. But does that matter? If the words are still relevant, it doesn't matter if they were written in April, right?

Not entirely sure why I'm confessing this to you, as it really doesn't matter at all, but I wanted to tell you this.

I was mentally blogging in the shower again, and I was thinking about the post I did where I associated letters with one vowel to make an abbreviation, and they all worked out. I wanted to do that again, but this time with the letter O. How do you all feel about that? Good! Let's do it!

OA: Where you tell the dog to go when he's begging. "go OA, dog."
OB: Out of bounds
OC: Orange County, made famous by a shitty TV show I never watched.
OD: Over-Dose
OE: Old English. This is usually followed by the number 800 by college kids and alcoholics.
OF: Of Montreal. Of...It's just of.
OG: Original Gangsta
OH: I can't think of anything...Oh, wait, I just thought of something!
OI: OI OI OI! OI TO THE WORLD! OI PUNX UNITE!
OJ: Orange Juice
OK: Everything will be OK, I promise
OL: The Ol Oak Tree
OM: Odyssey of the Mind. Took me forever to figure out how to spell that. Not Odyssey, but Mynd, or minde or whatever.
ON: I'm totally ON that last description. I'm also ON to you, you sneaky bastard.
OO: spaghetti-o's
OP: Ocean Pacific. A clothing company that failed geography in elementary school.
OQ: What you say when you see a picture of a puppy or a baby and you're not really that interested
OR: this OR that. So choose wisely.
OS: Operating System
OT: Overtime. As in, I'm not even supposed to be here today.
OU: University of Oklahoma. Or what you say when your suprised to find out who stole your shit.
OV: Nickname of a really good hockey player.
OW: what you say when you burn you're tongue on hot soup.
OX: an Oxen. Or the last thing you say before sufficating in outer space."Oh SHIT I'm out of ox..."
OY: OY OY OY! OY PUNX! Bitter rivals of OI punx.
OZ: Oz, as in the Wizard of OZ, or the prison show that my mom wouldn't let me watch when we used to have HBO.

Yeah, I'd say the O worked just as good as the A. Let's bring this back another time, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment