Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Change of Heart

Seven days in a ROW I have blogged. You're welcome, America.

It's amazing what spending time with someone you didn't really know before can do for your personal feelings towards said person. Let's say you have developed an opinion about someone before you actually gotten to know this person. We as people tend to do this a lot. As they say, stereotypes are a real time saver. People make conclusions based on first impressions. Everyone, weather good or bad. When your first impression is this, it may take a lot of eye-opening on a personal level to change ones initial perception. Well, I have to admit...That. Just. Happened.

I have had the pleasure of working with her for about two weeks now, and I have to tell you, she's just a young, fun ex-college girl. Nothing else. Yes, she has made some questionable professionalism decisions here at this job, but what the fuck? Why should that reflect on her personality? What I've found is a person with a pretty pleasant personality, who can joke around and have some fun at work. That's all I really need in a coworker. Her and I are able to do our "things" at work, (by things, I mean carefully slack off) and do it without stepping on each others toes. Absolutely wonderful.

So, whatever I said about her in the previous, well-read and well-recieved rant, I have to take back a lot of it. The bummer part is she is leaving this job in a few days. Her last day will be the first, and I'll really be a sad guy, because I was really starting to enjoy working with her. Now, I'll most likely be stuck with some clueless twit whom I have to retrain every night. No, not probably. Definitely. This is a fact. She is already on the weekend graveyard shifts, and I'm sure she will be moved into the Mon.-Fri. shift. Motherfucker, I'm not to thrilled about it, either.

Good thing I have a job interview on Friday...right?

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment