Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Posts About Babies: Name It

So I know I want to post an update at least weekly, maybe a few times a week of what I'm going though as a dad-to-be. That's the easy part. The hard part was trying to come up with a name for the posts. I thought of "BabyPocalypse" or "Childageddon" or something like that, but I don't know, man. I also thought of calling them "Countdown to Pizza" but that doesn't make much sense, now does it?

No, I deffenitely need a name for these posts. I like how that's what I'm dealing with as a dad-to-be right now, whereas the mom-to-be is dealing with "ligement pain" and an expanding belly, which makes clothes not fit quite right. She's dealing with food aversion, and gag-reflexing, and as of Sunday, puking. She's dealing with taking awful-tasting gummy prenatal vitamins. She's dealing with starting to cry at the sight of things that would not move most people, emotionally. She wants to go back to bed, and has done so, about 3 hours after she wakes up. She is perpetually tired.

Meanwhile, I can't figure out what to name my posts about soon-to-be-fatherhood. That's what I'm dealing with. I'm also in charge of making her breakfast every single morning, no matter what (unless I'm off to work, obviously). I have been making more of an effort to be understanding in her time of emotional rollercoaster, though to her credit, she has been doing quite well on this front. She hasn't really bit my head off, unless I deserved it, which I'll admit, because I'm still trying to quit smoking, therefore, sometimes I'm not exactly the nicest person to be around either.

All in all, things are pretty normal around here. There's no real change as far as routine, because things haven't started to really be fucked with yet. So I'm thinking of a name for the baby posts, and I would love you're help, if you would like to help! That would be great!

Comment below or contact me via facebook, email, or twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment