Thursday, September 2, 2010

From A to Z

I was walking around work and thinking about vowels. Not just how they are held to a higher standard than other regular letters, but how you can pair a vowel with just about any other letter and it will mean something. This got me to run through pairing the letter A with every other letter in the alphabet and see if that is true. This also got me thinking about how great my job is that I can walk around thinking about vowels. But it's true, indeed. Vowels are so versatile. Let me illustrate.

AA - Alcoholics Anonymous
AB - Awesome Bumps (inside joke) or American Bandstand.
AC - Air Conditioning
AD - Anno Domini (as in 1979 A.D.)
AE - A clothing company. I do not buy AE
AF - Air Force
AG - Chemical symbol for Silver
AH - The subtle sound of relief
AI - Artificial Intelligence
AJ - Apple Juice
AK - An assult rifle
AL - I can call you Betty, and baby when you call me you can CALL...ME...AAAAAAAAAAALL
AM - The Morning
AN - The form of an indefinite article used before words that begin with a vowel
AO - The catchy part of a song called Snow by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
AP - Associated Press, or Alternative Press. Or a warning not to step in someones urine.
AQ - ...Well, ok not every letter works in this situation. Fuck, mang.
AR - Well, dudes who go scout bands to sign them are A&R guys, whatever that means...
AS - as in...well, I just used it didn't I? Yeah, as in as.
AT - Where you AT?
AU - The chemical symbol for gold, or you trying to get the attention of someone you don't know
AV - Audio/Visual
AW - Delicious root beer
AX - What you chop stuff with
AY - What you ask when you want to know the reason for stuff
AZ - everything. From A to Z

And that's what we just did, folks. We went from A to Z, and had a laugh in the meantime. Isn't the alphabet fun? We should do this more often...

1 comment: