Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Greatest Fall Of All Time

Hey everyone, just thought I'd mix it up with an evening edition!

Now that fall has finally arrived in Middle Tennessee, I can finally break out that hooded sweatshirt that I wear for six months straight. Well, maybe not the same sweatshirt, but one of a few different ones that I have acquired in the last few years. Anyway, I really like wearing them, because they are warm and they make me look cooler, in my opinion. Sometimes, you just like to wear certain clothes because you like how they make you look. For me, its the zip-up hooded sweatshirt. The pull-over kind is pretty good too, but I like the zip-up kind, mainly because you don't have to get your hair all static-y every time you put it on or take it off.

The problem is that "fall"weather here in Middle Tennessee isn't exactly what I had experienced in the good ol' U.P. For example, the forecast for Negaunee tomorrow is some sun with a shower, high of 53, low of 32. In Nashville, it's bright sun and pleasant, high of 74, low of 49. That's a big difference. But having the high temperature for the past six months around 90, 74 feels like sweatshirt weather, for sure. Nonetheless, it still feels like fall, because it's cooler and the sunshine is coming in at a different angle than it was in the summer, which is a big deal that I don't think many people realize matters in what season it feels like outside. As the world turns, the sun gets lower and lower in the sky and makes everything lit just ever so slightly differently, and no matter where you are, it feels like fall, because the sun angle tells you so, even if you didn't fully realize it.

But the point here is that fall is my favorite season, for sure. I always used to vote summer, since my summers were filled with doing a whole lot of nothing, except sleeping in and being a lazy teenager. Now, it doesn't matter what season it is, I have to go to work. Football, Playoff Baseball, eventually there will be Hockey. Halloween, probably my favorite holiday. Too bad the leaves won't be falling off the trees here in Nashville for another month or so. True story. I'll let you know when they finally start turning.

Until tomorrow. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment