Sunday, September 26, 2010

Giving God a Chance

Hell, even my eyes glazed over when reading that last post. ech, sorry about yesterday (Editors Note: today's post as well, bear with me!) . More comedy coming soon...

Anyway let me touch on a few topics here. Yesterday, I did something I haven't done in...wow, 10 years, maybe? More than 10 years? I don't remember, but...I went to church. Now, this wasn't your typical church thing. No, this was a lot more laid back. This was more like a community of people coming together to talk about the Bible and God. Not so bad. They had fantastic coffee available. It was nice. I would go there, if I wasn't up to anything else. Why the HELL not? Right?

I consider myself agnostic, which means I'm not against religion, I just question everything. Instead of just sitting on the sidelines, leaning towards atheism, perhaps I need to be on the inside for a minute. I should probably take in that other side, seriously, to find out where I belong. I'm sure this will be a good thing, whatever conclusion I come up with. If there is a God, I doubt we could ever know about it, because I don't think we are capable of that. Know what I mean? But I'd like to try to find out.


I try to take the BD&C aproach to Religion and Politics on this blog lately, which means, don't touch those topics. But, It's not like I'm debating the merits of the church, or tearing it down. No, I went to church and I didn't hate it. That doesn't mean I'm going to become a church nut. Though when I was listening to him talk, I can see why people do become religious crazies. I can see how persuasive and powerful the Bible can be, as well as the way it's interpreted, and then preached from. I'm smart enough to know when I've had enough Bible thumping, and when to walk away, if need be. But I'm approaching the situation with an open mind. I'm not resisting this. I'm giving it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment